Director of Back to God Ministries International
Rev. Kurt Selles is the director of Back to God Ministries International, the ministry that brings you these Today devotions. He is a graduate of Calvin College and Seminary and received his Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Before joining Back to God Ministries, Kurt served as the director of the Global Center at Beeson Divinity School in Birmingham, Alabama, where he also taught missions. For 19 years prior to that, he served as a missionary in Taiwan and China. Kurt and his wife, Vicki, have three children.
Devotions by Kurt Selles
The Reformation: A Call to Faithfulness
Living for God’s Glory
Glory to No Other
Soli Deo Gloria: To God Be the Glory!
Sharing Our Faith
Growing in Faith
Faith and Action
The Nature of Saving Faith
Sola Fide: Faith, the Channel of Grace
Sealed by the Holy Spirit
Given by the Holy Spirit
Grace for Sinners
Grace Brings Justice and Mercy
Chosen From Before Creation
The Father’s Love and Mercy
The Lord Comes Looking for Us
Grace of the Triune God
Sola Gratia: Salvation by Grace Alone
Prophet, Priest, and King
Salvation in No Other Name
Christ’s Death on the Cross
The Perfect Savior
We Need a Savior
Solus Christus: Christ Alone
- The Reformation: A Call to Faithfulness
- Living for God’s Glory
- Glory to No Other
- Soli Deo Gloria: To God Be the Glory!
- Sharing Our Faith
- Growing in Faith
- Faith and Action
- The Nature of Saving Faith
- Sola Fide: Faith, the Channel of Grace
- Sealed by the Holy Spirit
- Given by the Holy Spirit
- Grace for Sinners
- Grace Brings Justice and Mercy
- Chosen From Before Creation
- The Father’s Love and Mercy
- The Lord Comes Looking for Us
- Grace of the Triune God
- Sola Gratia: Salvation by Grace Alone
- Prophet, Priest, and King
- Salvation in No Other Name
- Christ’s Death on the Cross
- The Perfect Savior
- We Need a Savior
- Solus Christus: Christ Alone
- The Sufficiency of God’s Word
- The Power of God’s Word
- The Clarity of God’s Word
- The Divine Authority of God’s Word
- God’s Divinely Inspired Word
- Sola Scriptura: The Bible Alone
- The Reformation: “Revive Us Again”
- Christ’s Gifts Through the Spirit
- Gifts of the Spirit
- The Holy Spirit and Peace
- The Holy Spirit and Joy
- The Holy Spirit and Love
- Fruit of the Spirit
- Holy Spirit, Intercessor
- Holy Spirit, Convictor of Sin
- The Holy Spirit, Author of Scripture
- Grieving the Holy Spirit
- Holy Spirit, Provider of Speech
- The Holy Spirit Kindles True Faith
- The Holy Spirit Sanctifies Us
- The Connecting Work of the Holy Spirit
- The Power of the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit as Counselor
- The Holy Spirit as Seal
- Holy Spirit: Third Person of the Trinity
- The Holy Spirit as Water
- The Holy Spirit as Wind
- The Holy Spirit as Fire
- The Holy Spirit as a Dove
- Spirit of the Messiah
- Anointing Spirit
- Heart Cleanser
- Spirit of Courage
- Empowering Spirit
- Instilling Spirit
- Breathing Spirit
- Creator Spirit
- Alpha and Omega
- Faithful Witness
- Morning Star
- Pioneer and Perfecter of Faith
- Head of the Body
- Consolation of Israel
- The True Vine
- The Way, the Truth, and the Life
- The Resurrection and the Life
- The Good Shepherd
- The Gate
- The Light of the World
- The Bread of Life
- The Word
- Son of Man
- Son of God
- Beloved Son
- King of the Jews
- Messiah (Christ): “Anointed One”
- Jesus of Nazareth
- Jesus: “The Lord Saves”
- Immanuel: “God With Us”
- Son of David
- Prince of Peace
- Cast All Your Cares on Him
- Ho Pater Ton Oiktirmos: "The Father of Mercies"
- Theos Hemon Pater: "God Our Father"
- Abba Ho Pater: "Abba, Father"
- Patros Mou: "My Father"
- Theou Patros: "God the Father"
- Despotes: "Master"
- Kyrios: "Lord"
- Ho Basileus Ton Ethnon: "King of the Nations"
- Ho Theos: "God"
- Yahweh Tsidkenu: "The Lord Our Righteousness"
- Yahweh Ra'ah: "The Lord Is My Shepherd"
- Yahweh Sabaoth: "The Lord of Hosts"
- Yahweh Mekoddishkem: "The Lord Who Sanctifies You"
- Yahweh Shalom: "The Lord Is Peace"
- Yahweh Nissi: "The Lord Is My Banner"
- Yahweh Rapha: "The Lord Who Heals"
- Yahweh Yireh: "The Lord Will Provide"
- Adonai: "Lord, Master, Owner"
- Yahweh: "I Am Who I Am"
- El Hakkadosh: "The Holy God"
- El Hakkavod: "The God of Glory"
- El Olam: "The Everlasting God"
- El Gibbor: "The Mighty God"
- El Tsaddik: "The Righteous God"
- El Emet: "The Faithful God of Truth"
- El Shaddai: "God Almighty"
- El Roi: "The God Who Sees"
- El Elyon: "The Most High God"
- El or Elohim: "The One True God"
- What's in a Name?